New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
DaCruzNut

Happy Week-End!!!!

Rate this topic

It's a fantastic week-end, here in South Flroida! A "cold front" came through, yesterday, and the temperatures plummeted! Today, we're supposed to get into the high 70's, and, tomorrow, we're going into the low 80's. Overnight, it's going to drop into the upper 60's !!!!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

alt textalt textalt text

Miami-Fort Lauderdale; Present Temperature

The sun is shining, brightly, in a (very) blue sky, with hardly a cloud.... Basically, a perfect South Florida week-end!

Last night, went to services with a "friend," and then we went out to our "usual" piano bar.

Today, it's gardening. Time to put in those annuals, and those veggies. With any luck, I'll have tomatoes by Thangsgiving. And the plants will continue to produce through mid-April

Tonight, it's time to relax with dinner and a movie, with my "friend."

Tomorrow, our Men's Club is having its Annual Fall Picnic, at a local park.

alt text

According to the flyer, we're going to have, "All the food, soft drinks, games, music and fun you can handle."

So, what have 'you'se guys' got planned?

We're going to the Great Ogeechee Seafood festival today, lots of stuff going on there. Seafood, bands (Atlanta Rhythm Section and Kimberly Locke and some others ) and a fireworks display. Should be a lot of fun and the weather is going to be gorgeous, a sunny 74.

Switch out summer clothes for Winter clothes. The cold front came here to its in the mid 50's colors are very pretty right now. We are at peak. Going to pick up our new motorcycle tommorrow. DH did an oil change and brake job on my car.

We're just watching DVD's tonight, but tomorrow we have a 68th anniversary get-together for my DH's folks.

Lisa, I'm with you! I'm not ready for this cold weather. It's 37 degrees right now in Mpls., and it may make it up to 42 degrees. We have had a really beautiful fall so far, though.

Jeff...it sounds weird to hear that you are just starting to plant tomatoes when ours are done for. We are trying to get them all in before the freeze. Have fun at the piano bar and picnic.

Frankie...that seafood festival sounds like fun, too.

Howard...don't work too hard :grin:

April...enjoy your new motorcycle.

Have a great weekend, Cruise Crazies!!!

Happy Weekend Crazies! Beautiful day here in B.C. - the morning clouds blew away and left the sunshine, but it is cooling off and the days are definately getting shorter. Finished off my "little sister's" hallowe'en costume today - its been fun teaching her to sew. The project took about three times as long with her "Helping" - :o) Have to get busy on the "coffin" fo the haunted "graveyard" a.k.a. the garage. That should keep us amused for a few days. TTFN Jennifer

Hello,

Work for me tonight.....Sunday i will have off.....either watch some football and hope Philly gets the job done this week....maybe out to dinner or take care of my dear wife and have a date with her..... :grin:

Jennifer...that is so nice that you spend time with your,"little sister." Things like this can make such a difference in a child's life. We have a girl that we sponser(help to pay for things, like food, education and religious teachings)in India. She is 17 now. We have sponsered her since she was around 11.

She writes to us and we write back. I only wish that we could meet her someday, but India is so far away, and the conditions are so bad. We are so happy, though, that she is getting a nice education and has a better life than she would have. We can't help everyone, but if you can help just one, it will make a difference.

Gogetter...that is so sweet of you to take your wife on a date! Have fun!