• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
gymbrat33

Please check......

Rate this topic

Your bank statements. I wrote a check for $60 dollars to a credit card company and my bank paid them $601. The bank pulled up the check on the computer, and agreed with me that it says 60 dollars. Then they tell me that they cannot put the money back in my account for 7 business days, but that they will monitor my account so that my checks do not bounce. I was upset and told them that they should put it back immediately in my account since it was their negligence. Then they tell me that they understand that I'm upset. I told them that they do not understand because it wasn't a mistake on their account. Unbelievable.

Thanks gogetter and shari2. I always look at the checks that the bank sends back with the statement, but I never look at the statement. When I received my Best Buy credit card statement and I saw that it said that the last payment I made was for $601 is when I decided to look at my statement.

gymbrat, Thank goodness you noticed the error. That is some heck of a mistake. Thanks for reminding us to be more aware. Cheryl :cool: