• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
ssatterly

Why do you cruise?

Rate this topic

For us, cruising is all about relaxing, we have three kids( which we only borught once when they were littl and we only had the two first ones) and we just thought, no more, we need one week to ourselves every coulple of years to just relax. We vacation by camping( we had a motorhome for years now we rent trailers and cabins) with the kids, and we also have taken seperate trips overseas to visit friends.

But... cruising, that is sheer relaxing by the pool or beach us time.

I cruise because I discovered the "patch". Wanted to go for years but the fear of getting sea-sick was too great. I get sick in the tub lol. But I did it and can't wait to go again. It was all I ever expected and so much more. TTFN Jennifer

They are the best vacations we ever took. I also found "the patch", and that made a world of difference. We both have such a love of the ocean that can't be explained to most people, but I'm sure that there are many people here that would understand. :smiley:

Also, it is the biggest return for your money of any vacation. :wink:

Howard

My motto in life is "Where the ocean meets the sky, my heart is at peace". I also have a TRUE LOVE for the ocean and nothing satisfies me more than being on a cruise, standing on deck, looking in all 4 directions and seeing nothing but water!

To get away from the world. As Boatride Lover stated, it's awesome to see nothing but sea/ocean from every direction. I don't even read a newspaper while away... it's a true escape from reality for me and time to reconnect with the family.

I, also, just like being out to sea. It is so romantic and so soothing! You can just forget all your troubles and relax. It's nice to dress up for dinner and be the guest for a change and not have to slave over a hot stove. :grin:

I also love the entertainment, especially the musicals. Actually, I love everthing about cruising except getting all the washing and ironing and packing ready to go and getting up at 4 in the morning to get the plane to get to the ship. :grin:

A cruise ship is like a traveling resort which stops at unique places. alt textYou don't even have to leave the ship if you don't want to. Everything you need you can find aboard ship. The food is better than you can get other places. alt textYou can stay up late and sleep in--no need for a designated driver. It is also nice to be waited on hand and foot for a week or so.alt textLike Shari says, it is also very romantic!alt text