New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Have you gotten your flu shot?

Rate this topic

Going in a couple weeks to get me and the kids done. My wife is still unsure since she always seems to get sick a couple weeks later, even though it has nothing to do with the vaccine LOL

And despite what Bush said in the last debate, the US won't be getting any more vaccine from Canada, since we keep it stored in our cows LOL Take the cows, you can have the vaccine LOL

(Seriously though, the FDA says they can't approve the Canadian companies quick enough to import the flu vaccine this year)

I never got one, and probably never will. I've seen too many eople get the shot, and still get the flu sometime in the season. They just make a guess as to the strain that is prevelent that year. :huh:

Howard

I tried but the lines were ridiculous and most stores that were planning to offer them , did not get theirs. I did get a pneumonica shot from my GP. The only reason I really wanted one was because my Dr. said that , because of the chemo I had, my immunity might still be weak. Oh well, I'll just try to not let anyone breathe in my direction. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I haven't gotten one and will not, even though I am in the "high risk"group - I am a health care worker in direct contact with patients. I cannot in good conscience get a flu shut when we are still unsure that our PATIENTS (frail elderly who cannot stand in line at clinics, etc.) will get theirs. I have had the flu shot 6 times of the last ten years and have never (knock on wood) get sick (with or without vaccine.)

Announced today that 2.6 million more doses will be available in January from Aventis - better late than never.

This is not the fault of the current administration. Flu vaccines are expensive to produce, they make little to no profit for the companies that do produce and Congress (led by Senator Kerry) refused to enact minimal liability protection against flu vaccine manufacturers (would provide protection from lawsuits IF the vaccines were produced within current FDA guidelines for that year......Kerry refused to support this along with many liberals - including John Edwards)....many pharmaceutical companies have decided it is not worth the risk to make the vaccine without some protection.

Chiron, which is the supplier that had their vaccine withdrawn is an American company but operating in Britain because of the tort laws and rampant malpractice lawsuits in this country.

Being a diabetic and always getting the flu shot every year I was a little worried that I might not be able to get it. I was fortunate enough yesterday to be in the right place at the right time in Kroger as they had a limited supply but did not advertise it.....

Just got back - we used to get them every year because our daughter was high risk (muscular dystrophy) - now I'm considered high risk - asthma - go figure. Arm will probably hurt tomorrow but it's probably worth it. TTFN Jennifer

Had to camp out 5 1/2 hours, but was able to get mine. I have many chronic respitory problems so my doctor always wants me to have one.

I have not gotten one .. And this is why. i am a EMT/FF and we are able to get one, but I let my MOM have mine instead that why she will not get sick. She helps me with my kids and I want her healthy in case she is needed!