• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

'Mary Poppins' registers to vote in Ohio!

Rate this topic

DEFIANCE, Ohio (October 19, 5:04 am ADT) - Elections officials knew something was wrong when they got voter registration cards for Mary Poppins, Dick Tracy, Michael Jordan and George Foreman.

They notified the Defiance County sheriff, who arrested Chad Staton on Monday on a felony charge of submitting phony voter registration forms. Investigators also were looking into allegations that he was paid with cocaine in exchange for his efforts.

Staton, 22, had fraudulently filled out more than 100 voter registration forms, Sheriff David Westrick said.

"Staton was to be paid for each registration form that he could get citizens to fill out," the sheriff said. "However, Staton himself filled out the registrations and returned them to the woman who hired him from Toledo."

Staton was charged with false registration and was released without bond pending arraignment.

No other charges had been filed in the case Monday, authorities said.

According to Westrick, the NAACP's National Voter Fund had submitted the false registrations to the elections board in Cleveland. George Forbes, Cleveland chapter president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said Monday that the voter fund operates independently from his chapter.

Officers said they interviewed a Toledo woman who claimed that she had paid Staton with cocaine for the registrations. Officers said they obtained a search warrant and took voter registrations and drug paraphernalia from her home.

The woman claimed she had been recruited by a Cleveland man to obtain voter registrations, Westrick said.

(The Associated Press)

Gee, now that they're registered voters, can I vote for them by "write-in" ballot? It seems to me that any of them would make a better President than the guys we have running.....

"Oh, dear...I'm not a 'natural born citizen' of the U.S."alt text

"I'd make Pruneface my VP"alt text

alt text"I'll slam-dunk that Bin Laden fella' "

I'll fight America's problems, and take a bite out of taxes"alt text

I think the possibility of voter fraud is appalling! Why should my LEGITIMATE vote (for whoever) be cancelled out by someone who is committing fraud? We need to get a handle on absentee ballots, fraudulent registration, etc.

Here in Wisconsin you don't even need to provide a PHOTO ID to prove you are who you are!!!!! Some liberal politicians vetoed that measure because they don't want to "disenfranchise" certain blocks of voters. Excuse me....who doesn't have a driver's license....or a state issued ID card (which you can get for FREE here with not much hassle.....), or a school id........... but no....they would rather have 10 people vote fraudulently than prevent one voter from not voting who doesn't have the right to vote. It is a sad sad situation.