• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anyone have any funny or crazy cruise story's?

Rate this topic

ssatterly

My story isn't as funny as Charlene's but here goes!

We were sailing on the Sky Princess to Alaska and it was the first formal night. We had decided to use the Formals at Sea service offered by Princess, but when my husband put on the pants to the tux, there were about three sizes too big. We tried to trade donw, but there weren't any left in Chris's size/length. Our steward brought us a smile and a handful of safety pins. I gathered the extra material at the back of the pants and pinned him in.

We head off to meet the captain and have our photo taken. Just then, Chris noticed his shoelace was undone and bent down to tie it up. yup, every pin let go then and there and he made a mad grab for his pants just as the headed south. Thrre wasn't time to do much more than react, so I put my arm around him and held his pants up as we met and were photographed with the captain. Everyone remarks as to what a great smile I have in that shot. - talk about sailing by the seat of your pants!

Atfer that, I found some black thread and took in the pants to get us through the next two formal nights. It's still a great memory though.

Charlie