• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hi!

Rate this topic

alwalaska

Hi! My name is Ann and we are currently planning a cruise to Alaska in June of 06. Yes I believe in last minute planning. :wink:

Last March was our first cruise, a 3 day on the Disney Wonder to the Bahamas. Believe it or not, I was not completely sold on cruising after that, BUT, the water seems to be the only way to get to some of the cities we want to see in Alaska so we are going to try again and hope we don't have gale force winds this time. Since it is Alaska, we will be expecting cool to cold weather so that won't be a disappointment.

My first question for all of you is ...

It seems like Princess has the best itinerary for what we are looking for, but they are low on details about on board activities, etc. There is a lot of very general information, but no specifics.

Does anyone happen to have a sample Princess Patter from the one way Glaciers cruise? An at sea day would be preferable, but I would be happy to see anything. We are probably looking at South bound, but we won't know for sure until the 06 schedules come out.

Also, does anyone have specific information about the kids/teen program? We will have a 12 and a 14 year old at cruise time.

Thanks.

Dear Ann,

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions but Welcome aboard, alwaska.We're glad to have you here with us. I'm sure one of our very experienced and knowledgeable members will be answering your questions soo. Meanwhile, please feel free to post your upcoming cruise date, your birthday and anniverary to our CruiseCrazies calendar. Please enjoy the forums and we hope to see you posting often. :cool: :cool: :cool: Cherylalt text

Hi Ann, and welcome to CruiseCrazies.

The link below has daily programs from many cruise lines and itineraries. I noticed a few Alaska ones in there, although not all are indicated in the description. Ones I've found so far are the second Diamond Princess link, and one for Radiance of the Seas-Alaska that also includes detailed description of the voyage.

http://cruiseclues.com/activities.htm

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and information. We have really been comparing cruise lines since this is only our second cruise and the first was Disney, but it really seem Princess has the itinerary we want. We were also looking at Carnival, but I am a little worried about their party ship reputation. Carnival stops at Sitka which we were interested in, but I have since heard it is a tender location rather than docked and I am not sure if my mom will be able to do that. She has bad knees and has a very hard time with stairs. Boatride lover - what did your sister have to say about Carnival?

I look forward to learning a lot through this newsgroup. Thanks again for all the comments and welcome.

Ann