• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Please help! I narrowed it down to 2!

Rate this topic

ssatterly

Ok I have been trying to decide on a cruise for next Dec. for me my 2 kids and my mother( who have never cruised) And I have narrowed it down from 4 RCCL, Disney, Princess and Carnival) cruiselines to 2.(RCCL and Carnival) And here are my choices and dates please help!

Dec 11th - 18th Carnival Valor going to Western Carb the ports are:Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Mya, and Roatan

Dec 11th - 18th Radiance of the Sea's Western Carb ports are: Labadee, Ocho Rio's, Cozumel, and Grad Cayman

Dec 4th - 11th Expolrer of the sea's Western: Ports are Belize, Coata Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman

OR:

Dec 3rd - 10th Voyager of the Sea's Western to Labadee, Ocho Rio's, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel

All are running pretty close in price.

When we go my kids will be 6 y/o daughter, and my 9 y/o son. My mom will be 50. This is going to be their Christmas gift! Please give me reasons why and which you would choose. We plan on being fairly active and doing as much as we can fit in for the most part. But on the sea days we may be somewhat lazy as well. I have priced thease for as little as $1900 (inside cabin) to $2600 (balcony cabin) for all 4 of us. So please help. Which would you do and why?

I would highly recomend the RCCL Voyager or Explorer. They have so many activities on both, ice skating, rock climbing, roller blading, that the children will love. The children's programs are great on RCCL, they keep kids entertained from 9am till 10pm. The food onboard is very good, much better than Carnival.

The ports for the Voyager are more comercalized, but are great. Snorking at Stingray city, Cayman. Dunn's falls in Jamaca, and the private island of Labadee has a water park and wave runners. The Voyager is one yr older than Explorer but was built in 2000. Go RCI you will not go wrong.

The Voyager actually debuted in Novemeber 1999, but small details LOL.

I'd say you won't gow rong with any of those. The Radiance is the smallest of the 4 (and may have much fewer kids at that time of December, before school is out), but by no means a small ship. For kids that age, I'd lean to the Voyager/Explorer myself.