• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

Any fans of Dallas?

Rate this topic

I was really hooked on this show and I don't think I missed one episode so I'm really looking forward to this. The original cast members will be in it including Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Ken Kercheval, Steve Kanaly and Charlene Tilton and Victoria Principal.

Dallas," with 356 episodes broadcast during 13 seasons on the Network (April 2, 1978 to May 3, 1991), remains television's second longest-running primetime entertainment series, surpassed only by CBS's "Gunsmoke" (402) episodes. "Dallas" also holds the distinction of having one of the highest-rated episodes in television history ("Who Shot J.R.?," 11-21-80), which garnered a 53.3 rating and a 77 share and was watched by more than 300 million people worldwide.

It's been more than 25 years since the "Dallas" cast took up residence at the famous Southfork Ranch just outside of Dallas. They will meet there again for this special reunion to tour the famous grounds, talk about the series' most infamous storylines and reminisce about their time together on the show. Larry Hagman will also share his own home movies that were shot when "Dallas" was actually being filmed.

"Dallas" couples J.R. and Sue Ellen (Larry Hagman, Linda Gray) and Pam and Bobby (Victoria Principal, Patrick Duffy) will remember their years together. Charlene Tilton looks back at the time she spent playing Lucy Ewing, the granddaughter of the head of the Dallas clan, Jock Ewing (the late Jim Davis). Also reminiscing about their parts on the show are Ken Kercheval, who played Pam's lawyer brother, Cliff Barnes, and Steve Kanaly, who played Southfork's ranch foreman Ray Krebbs. Mary Crosby, who played the infamous Kristin Shepard, will talk about her part in one of the most famous scenes ever filmed on network television.

The season finale cliffhanger originated on "Dallas," and there was a cliffhanger at the end of the last show for all of its 13 seasons. Did Sue Ellen and her baby survive a car crash? Who was found floating face down in the Ewing's swimming pool? Would Cliff Barnes die of a drug overdose? What happened to Pam and the Ewing family after Bobby was killed saving her from a speeding car? And, in season two, the most famous cliffhanger of all: Who shot J.R.?

Prior to the special's broadcast, "Dallas" fans will have the opportunity to vote online for their favorite cliffhanger of all time. The voting will begin on Monday, Sept. 27 and will end on November 6. For details, log-on to CBS.com. The final results will be revealed on the special.

DALLAS REUNION: THE RETURN TO SOUTHFORK is being produced by Henry Winkler

Will any other Crazies be watching this reunion?

alt text

I watched it faithfully as a kid, starting weith the Who Shot JR timeframe. Then I caught up on the old ones in the mid-90's when A&E was showing them. I never realized they had a different ranch the first few seasons. Somewhere in my clutter, I have an autographed cast picture that I sent away for, when I was 12 years old. I got it just before Jim Davis died. If I find it, I'll scan it and post it.

I really enjoyed seeing all of the cast members but I was disappointed in the special also. It seemed to me that they showed some of the same events 2 or three times. I thought they all looked great , though. :smiley:

Totally forgot it was on. Was all wrapped up in that 2 hour Extreme Makeover Home Edition. From what I read in the paper I'm not sure I would have liked the show all that much anyway. I would have preferred another movie, instead of what amounts to a documentary. I also missed the last Dallas movie that was out a few years ago. I caught the one where JR faked his death, but then there was another one after that.