• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Luggage restrictions

Rate this topic

iriscruiser

Jen...

I would love to drive(think of all the extra clothes and stuff I could bring :grin: ) but being in Minnesota, we are just too far from the ports. A thousand miles for you and hubby is no hop, skip and jump, either! :grin: Hope you have a great time!

I can't believe that in my younger years my DH and I used to take driving trips all over the country. Two years in a row we put on around 10,000 miles in just around 3 weeks. We were real troopers. Sometimes, we slept in the back of our pickup truck (before we got our old camper)and slept and cleaned up at rest areas for two days and then got a motel for the third just to save money. Those were the days! lol

I did a map quest of the trip and it was too funny - basically leave home, drive south to 1-5. Keep on 1-5 for some 900 miles then turn right to Long Beach - at least we can't get lost lol. We are actually looking at a new vehicle - a Chrysler Pacifica - so it would make the trip rather a nice one. Even has a dvd player so I could just lie in the back and watch movies while my chauffeur - aka DH did the driving - works for me :o) We'll see how it goes from here. I guess you are all set for a Minnesota winter. We get an average of two inches of snow a year - spread out over a couple of months - terrible lol. TTFN Jennifer

I hear ya, Jen! lol

April...sorry if I kidnapped your post. I hope you have all the luggage problems worked out! I know we will have problems when I start to pack. I always want to bring everything... and the kitchen sink! :grin:

Hi Shari,

I'll be watching for you at the pier in SD. You should be easy to spot, the lady strolling along with her purses and her faithful DH following three steps behind with a ton of new luggage!!

A couple of years ago we bought a couple of large wheeled 29" "World Cruiser" bags and matching roll-on and shoulder bag. They have worked great! Easy to handle in hotels as well as at embarkation.

In September we cruised from SD and parked across Harbor Blvd, about a two block walk. We just grabbed all our stuff and easily made it through customs, out of the building and across the street to the parking lot.

This time we are flying to SD arriving at about 12:30PM, claim our luggage and grab a cab to the pier. Should be checking in by 1:30 or so. We will be in the Captain's Club line. Hawaii here we come!

See ya,

I have the solution - make dh wear all his clothes - after all layers are in - then put all your toiletries in his pockets, add a hat that will hold the camera, video cam etc. That way you will have two empty cases for your clothes. Just make sure dh wears his belt on the top layer of so he can take it off to get through security. (with six pairs of pants on he shouldn't need a belt ayway!) I'm getting a great visual on this one lol. Let us know how it all works out - ttfn Jennifer