• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Connecting cabins

Rate this topic

Has anyone out there had connecting cabins? This is the first time we decided to do this with our friends. She is trying to figure out where the door is because she is afraid we are going to lose space.

Also, we are doing a scavenger hunt. I'm drawing a mental block. We have to come up with ideas that we can take pictures of, such as someone wearing a blue polka dot bikini. The harder they are the more points they are worth. The one with the most points wins a prize at the end of the week

Thanks for the help.

First of all, you didn't mention what cruiselines your cabin is on. While I have not sailed that many, the only connecting rooms I have really seen are a few at the family end (near kids program location). Not too many like in hotels. I would think it odd the ship would be set up that way, rather rooms that are just side by side in the hall.

Now for a laugh...my parents whom have never cruised before innocently asked--just put us across from eachother so we can have different scenery from each room...ummm ok but there is a bit what they call "a ship" space in the middle LOL!

As far as photo ideas it can be endless...from a person asleep with a book on their face, a thong sunbathing, a t-shirt advertizing a cruise line (and not the cruise line you are sailing..that's almost a dare.) How about sports teams..a person wearing a certain team say from where you live?, a dolphin in the ocean, flying fish, etc. The list can go on and on.

We had connecting cabins on Carnival Destiny a few years ago. The door was directly across from the foot of the bed, so it didn't take up a spot that a couch or chair would have otherwise occupied. We were in a standard outside... no balcony. Let us know which ship you are on and what deck/cabin type as there are differences.

For scavenger hunts -- the ideas are great so far. How about adding a crew member (you can be specific, like a cabin steward), someone with red hair (I was once asked to serve as this person, I asked if it had to be natural, lol), a dish of ice cream -- the list can go on and on... Sounds like fun. :smiley:

We had connecting balcony cabins on Grandeur of the Seas and there was no space lost. The door connecting was about midway on the wall. We were in a quad cabin on Galaxy that had a door for an adjoining cabin but it was not part of our party. The doors don't take any room.