• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
hazelson

Trip Report

Rate this topic

I finally crossed another one off my "things to do before I die list" - we went to Seattle for a couple of days and this time we made it up the Space Needle. That thing has been around since 1962 - and we have been near it several times but never actually gone up inside. The view was fabulous. And I got a bag at Pike Place Market - perfect for cruising - it even has a water bottle holder. Hey- little things please little minds :o) TTFN Jennifer

Congrats, Jennifer!!! I was in Seattle a few years ago and despite my fear of heights, I did make it to the top of the Space Needle.........got my picture taken at the rail, took a couple of pics and headed back inside as fast as my legs could carry me! lol

I really liked Pike's Place Market.........would love to return to Seattle one day and experience it all again.

It wasn't nearly as scary as the Stratosphere tower in Vegas - that was freaky - especially with the roller coaster going around and around above our heads. The outside viewing is all open - just a chain link fence. At least the Space Needle had glass all the way up. I do like it better down here on the ground though lol. I still have to get to Atlantic City one of these days - that's next on my list :o) TTFN Jennifer

Jennifer...

That sounds like a fun day! I would like to do that some time. Glad you got to make it up in the Space Needle. Is there a restaurant at the top like they say? Is Pike's Place Market a restaurant and souvenir shop? When my DH was working in St. Louis for a short time, years ago, we got to go up to the top of the arch. That was different! The elevator was kind of scary.

Shari - there is a restaurant at the top - and it rotates. Let's see - I'm afraid of heights, and I get motion sickness - didn't think I wanted to spend mega bucks eating up there - and not making it back down with a "full" stomach - but it did smell pretty good from the outside deck lol. Pike Place Market is a whole bunch of stores, stands and food markets - lots of fresh seafood - and "hippie" kind of jewelry, handbags artwork and the like. A lot like Granville Island here in Vancouver. It was nice just for a change of pace for a couple of days. I like hotels - eating junk food in bed lol - my kind of holiday. Not as good as cruising though - but good to take the mind off it even for a couple of hours :o). TTFN Jennifer