• Welcome Guest, Sign Up to Remove This Message!

As a member you'll be able to:

• Create a profile
    • Join the discussions
    • Create Blogs and Groups
    • Upload your cruise photos
    • Connect with other cruisers
    • Lots more

Join Today - It's FREE!

Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

Rate this topic

I always do Thanksgiving in my house. Jason will be coming home from college for Thanksgiving and my mom and my nephew, sister in law and brother in law will be coming over. I let the supermarket cook the turkey and I do the side dishes. My mom will be bringing the cakes and my sister and law will be making lasagna. I decorate with Thanksgiving items that the kids made in school years ago. We'll all eat until we can't fit anymore in and then we'll sit around and complain about how stuffed we are as we eat the desserts. :cheesy:

About a month ago, I met someone who was on vacation. here in Fort Lauderdale. We really 'hit it off,' nicely, and spent almost the whole two weeks together.

Alas, vacations end and it was back to Jackson, Mississippi....

But, the story doesn't end there! We've been keeping in touch,and, we've been keeping in touch, by phone, almost every night!

We planned to meet about halfway, in Tallhassee, and spend the Thanksgiving week-end together.

Unfortunately, we had to cancel..... WORK! The boss told him, today, that it's work on Friday and Saturday! YUCK!

I checked the airfares to Jackson, and the "usual" $212.00 fare is over $500.00!

Oh, well, maybe I'll take a drive...................

alt text

P.S. His name is "Jeff"

alt text

We will do the usual--a family get together at Keith's Mom. Everybody will bring a dish of something and a dessert to go along with the traditional turkey.alt text

We usually have everyone over to our house for Thanksgiving, but our oldest daughter has offered to have us over this year. This is wonderful, since I will be pretty busy getting ready for the cruise, and finishing up with Christmas things that I have to do before we leave.

We'll be at home with our family and nephews. WE used to go to my brother-in-law's house every Thanksgiving, but they moved to Florida, and we 'll have it ourselves.

Howard