• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

pre-game skit starring Nicolette Sheridan

Rate this topic

What do you think about the pre-game skit before Mon. night football? I think it went too far, was in poor taste , since lots of children were watching the football game. What do you think?

I didn't appreciate it at all! Our 16-year old son was watching football with his dad and saw that. I realize that at his age, he probably sees and hears things at school that would just shock me, but he doesn't need to see that on TV when he's sitting down to watch sports with his dad. I felt it was totally the wrong time and place for that.

If people actually watch TV, this is nothing compared to other things on TV. I don't see people complaining about the gratuitous violence on a show such as The Soprano's. The show that they were trying to sell (Desparate Housewives) is on at 9pm, the same time as the football game, and that show has scenes very similar to this. I wonder how many people watch TV shows aimed at teens. If they do, they'll notice that these shows try to sell sex just like any other show.

Just because this was a football game, people are screaming. HA! Take a look at many of the cheerleaders that are on every 5 minutes during a football game, and tell me that many of them are not inappropriate. Until people feel that it's all inappropriate, I don't want to hear about it.

Howard

Okay, so maybe Desperate Housewives is on at 9pm, the same time as the football game. HOWEVER, my son wasn't sitting down to watch Desperate Housewives; he was sitting down to watch a football game, and shouldn't have to see a woman dropping her robe in front of a man. As for the cheerleaders, they aren't dropping their clothes off and standing there naked either.

Didn't offend me at all. I think you see more on daytime TV on soap operas which many teenagers including boys are addicted to. Sometimes I wonder how they get away with what they do on daytime so that didn't bother me at all.....maybe if it was the other way around I would have liked it better....just kidding

Monday Night Football is on at 6:00 pm on this side of the country, not 9:00. I don't watch football, so I didn't see the incident, but I believe there is a certain expectation that MNF would have a different content than Desperate Housewives and parents are encouraged by the FCC and the media to control children's viewing. As for the Sopranos, it's not on ABC, NBC and CBS, it's a cable company programme and again people who watch it know what to expect.

As for it being in any way similar to the cheerleaders, give me a break.

I think most of what's on t.v. and in the movies today is inappropriate, and I do write letters and send e-mail to stations with my opinion. I think putting something like this on when people are expecting to watch football with some of their kids is really dirty pool! Just My Opinion!!