• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Arnold for President?

Rate this topic

If I was American, I'm not sure I would, even if the constitution was amended to allow him to run (and I don't think the Republicans have the numbers to get an amendment through). Not that I have anything against former acting Republican California governors (where have I seen this before? LOL). I'd have to see how he does in California, and I'm not sure his short time in office will be enough to show people he can do the big job.

Of course, between now and then is re-election in 2006, so that could sink him right there if he loses.

alt text

I would definately vote for "ARNOLD!!!"

I can't think of a better qualified candidate. He has all the qualities that you expect to find in a politician, nowadays........

In addition, I know his Campaign manager, Eddie, and his Fundraising Chairperson, Eva, and trust their political savy.

alt text

Hello,

Won't and shouldn't happen.

JAson..you have been watching too many movies...lol....who would his running mate be? Stallone,,,i mean Rambo? :grin:

I'm Canadian, and actually not sure if we have this same rule here about having to be Canadian born to be Prime Minister. This proposed amendment seems to be very much because of Arnold, paving the way for him. Maybe kinda scary. Still, I think that being a Canadian or an American is all about the history of immigration and people adopting a new country and being into their new place. I think that an immigrant can be just as Canadian as I am if they want to be. But they have to be really into living in the new place and not just moving their old life into the new place. Arnold is certainly very American. He is not out for the Austrian vote or suggesting that the language spoken in Austria should be part of the official language of the USA. It doesn't seem a threat, the Austrian faction. But, what if he was a Latin-American? Would that make things different, given the number of Latin-Americans in the US? Would people be as open to changing the constitution then? I'm just putting this out there for discussion and have no opinion either way at this point, not that it matters, because I'm Canadian.

Near as I could find (without reading the constitution, since I do have to work in an hour), the Prime Minister needs to be a Citizen, but it doesn't say they have to be born here. I was surprised to see we only had 2 PM's from the early days that were born in Scotland, with the rest born in what would was or would be Canada. The other difference between our PM,a nd the US President is the age restriction. The PM only needs to be voting age (18), while the President must be 35.