New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
hazelson

Christmas Lights & Poltergeists?

Rate this topic

Why is it I can put the Christmas lights away every year - wrap them up very carefully - no tangles and snarls - but when they come back out of the container they are all tangles, mangles and generally a warren of wires and bulbs? Is their some entity that somehow manages to enter the Christmas light storage realm? Is it's sole purpose in life to get us off on the wrong foot for the holidays? I suppose I could wind them all around spools when I put them away - but that sounds like work - :o) Maybe i will just set some "traps" to see who is doing this dastardly deed - if I catch anything I'll let you know.

TTFN Jennifer (sitting here shrouded in green wires and colored bulbs - but I can get a few fingers out to type!)

We're going to have to be untangling our lights pretty soon, too, Jen. We have to get our tree up before we leave, so, we'd better get to it! lol I usually play some nice soothing Christmas music to go with the untangling of the lights. Helps to keep you in a good Christmas spirit! It also helps to have a White Russian or two. Then you are in great spirits! pun intended! :grin:

I think that there are evil things that mess with items that we have put away for the season. I know that when I put my summer or winter clothes away until the next year, some evil being has caused them not to fit when I next put them on! I think there are beings living in our basements, shrinking our clothes and tangling our Christmas lights!

Life is full of little goblins and spirits, that touch all of us, but who remain a mystery. The sole purpose of these little imps is to make our lives confusing….

alt text

We’ve all been touched by the Sock Sprite. Put six pair of socks in the washing machine, and only 11 socks come out….

And, what about the Key Hiding Goblin? You leave your keys where you usually do. When you go to get them…. gone! You search, and search, and they eventually turn up somewhere you know you never would have left them.

Oh, the list goes on-and-on. So, Jennifer, don’t feel frustrated. A visit by the Wire-Imp, this time of year, is to be expected.

One of those pre-lit trees sounds great, but does anyone know where you can get a pre-lit house lol. I think I will follow the good advice above - and get pre-lit myself, before going on to the next step. Inflating the 8 foot Grinch and the getting the Polar Bear to slide down the roof is easy - getting them to stay on the roof - priceless! So much to do - so little time (sip! sip! sip!) Have a great day Crazies - and it is so nice to hear I am not alone in my light-tangled misery. :o) TTFN Jennifer

We just went through that this past Saturday. We were putting out the lighted candy canes from last year, which we had very carefully packed up and put away, and yet when we pulled them out, they were all tangled up and I said to husband, "How in the world does this happen!?!?!?!?" Same thing every year...

Oh yeah and that sock thing and the dryer...happens to me constantly!