• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What do u do 2 wks before u Cruise?

Rate this topic

ssatterly

I make sure any dry cleaning gets done that needs to be done. Make arrangements for mail and newspaper holds. Do any shopping for additional or new clothing (usually underwear, and running shoes), as well as bathroom items, film and camera batteries. Might think about exchanging money around this point, but that's not a concern if you are American. We usually don't start packing until the day before we leave. Less chance of forgetting anything if you leave it out so you can see it. If we put stuff in the suitcases 1 or 2 weeks ahead, we'd forget what's in there and assume certain things were already packed.

Really though, I don't find it that hectic the last couple weeks before a trip. Excited yes, but I can be told on Friday I'm leaving Saturday for a cruise, and be ready without any problem.

Doing it now! Going crazy trying to get everything done. The clothes have been to the dry cleaners. The doctor appointments are done. The shopping for clothes, meds or whatever are done. DH has all the camera equipment ready. Tried dieting. Lost a few pounds, but it hardly put a dent in what I need to lose. lol

Still have to finish washing clothes and a bunch of ironing. Have to check my lists to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. Also, we need to get ready for Christmas early since we won't be home till 2 days before. I have my Christmas shopping done. We are putting up the tree Friday, I think. I won't have time to put out all our decorations, but maybe I can enlist hubby's help when we get back, while I'm doing laundry and running to the store! lol

Wow! This cruising is a lot of work!! :grin:

We are getting ready to board the same ship as Shari2, so are going through the same drills.

Not putting up the Christmas tree this year since we will not be here to enjoy it.

Got the house/pet sitter lined up, neighbor to get us to the airport is good to go, essentials are on the bed in the guest room,

I have a dentist visit tomorrow, and my doctor gave me a thumbs up after my recent surgery, so we are good to go medically.

Changed internet ISP so am busy advising everyone of my new email address.

Got to get all our Christmas Cards in the mail before we sail.

Hawaii here we come!

I don't do anything 2 weeks before cruising. I pack the night before and do my own packing. My wife, on the other hand, usually begans laying out clothes about this time. The week before I get any dry cleaning done I need, i.e. tux or tropical shirts. I do make sure my prescriptions are adequate to last throught the cruise.

John,

I do things about the sameway you do. I always do my own packing! I will do it on Saturday the 4th for our Sunday departure for San Diego. Have checked my prescriptions and dry cleaning (still have to pick it up). Guest room bed is full of my wifes's dresses, etc. I did put my Swiss Army Knife, binoculars, cruise calling cards on the bed. Just some small stuff I don't want to forget.

Will check video and digital cameras tomorrow and make sure I have everything we are going to need photography wise. Will also check the snorkeling gear.

After 42 cruises this packing thing is pretty much down to a routine.

Got one trip to the dentist out of the way, but have to make one more visit on tuesday morning.

10 days to go and all is well with the World! :grin: