• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

I just booked my first cruise!! We are going to

Rate this topic

tiggerlgh

cruise on RCCL Voyager of the Seas 5 day cruise from Miami to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. (I am cruising with a good friend of mine so this is a fun trip not a romantic one. My Significant Other just went to Vegas for the weekend with some of his friends so this is my trip with my friend. :smiley: ) What do you suggest doing at these two ports?

Also has anyone been on this ship? Any suggestions to do on our days at sea?

Also we are on deck 10 just below the pool in an inside cabin towards the middle of the ship (budget trip and we expect to be out most of the time and only use the room to sleep). I have heard being up this high there may be some swaying? Should I try to get a lower floor or is this a good location for a room.

I am sure I will be posting more questions in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

You might get some noise in your cabin location, but motion if you are mid ship should be less than if your are forward or aft. As you say, you will be in the cabin only to sleep and change, so I would keep it. Gentle rocking of the ship is normal and I love to fall asleep to that motion.

In Grand Cayman, go to Stingray City and swim with the stingrays....you can book through the cruise line or you can book privately....I recommend either Captain Marvin's or Captain Bryan or Nativeway. You can do an online search "google" and get their websites. Tell them you are cruise ship passengers and they will help you out.

Cozumel - shop, beach it, snorkel and party. Depending on what your interests are, there are some great restaurants (cater to tourists so don't worry about Montezuma's revenge), some OK shopping (be prepared to barter), really nice beaches and great snorkeling. I do recommend going to Chankanab National Park - you can snorkel, beach it, wander around and have a relaxing time there.....you need to take a taxi there (flat rate per cab) and there is an entrance fee.