• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

hawaii cruise for honeymoon

Rate this topic

lcohen999

Hi everyone

I am in the process of planning a honeymoon. She really wants to go to Hawaii, and I have no objections to that :)

I was looking around at doing a cruise. However the Hawaii cruise that I have found all seem to come back so so. For a honeymoon, I don't want a so so cruise!!! So I was looking at leaving from LA or San Diego. However once we get to Hawaii, we will want to spend a few days there, rather than taking the ship back to the mainland. Is that possible for us to do. What are some other option.

I would even start/end in Tahiti, etc.

Our Wedding is Oct 9th and we would leave a week after that.

Any advise, suggestions would be appreciated

thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Crazies, lcohen999!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Hawaii would be fantastic for a honeymoon! There are quite a few cruise lines that cruise to Hawaii from LA or SD. I am sailing on Celebrity's Infinity on Dec. 5, to Hawaii from San Diego round trip. If you want to just sail one way and then fly back, I believe, Celebrity, Holland America, and Princess all do that. I think Royal Carribean and Carnival have a few cruises to Hawaii, also, if you're looking for a possible younger crowd.

Some of them either start or end in Ensenada, Mexico, and you are bussed to or from San Diego.

All of these lines have great reputations, so you shouldn't be disappointed! A Hawaii cruise on Celebrity or Holland America will probably have an older crowd, though, if that would be of interest to you. Celebrity has great food and service, and no loud announcements over the speaker all the time. It's more laid back. I think it would be great for a honeymoon, unless you both are looking for more of a party ship.

If this is your first cruise, I would suggest getting a good travel agent to work with. He/she would try to match the ship with your personalities. Good Luck on finding the perfect cruise!

Welcome Icohen999 and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. A cruise will make a great honeymoon! Shari has given you some great advise and we would second that about choosing a good travel agent. Once you have your cruise booked just post it in the CruiseCrazies calendar and we will all share your excitement as the time approaches.alt text

Hi lcohen999, and welcome to Cruise Crazies!

I might have answered this on another board, so excuse the duplication if it was you who asked. An itinerary that starts in LA or SD and lets you disembark permanently in Hawaii would very likely violate the Passenger Services Act. The Act is complicated, but the only way around it I can think of is if the ship makes a stop at Fanning Island before you get to Hawaii. Otherwise, you would have to embark and disembark at the same port.

As Shari mentioned, you should probably look into the cruises that go one-way from So. Cal or Ensenada to Hawaii. This is permitted under the Passenger Services Act under one of its exceptions regarding nearby foreign ports and an itinerary that starts and ends in two different US ports. (I know, this Act is confusing.)

Hope it all works out. Let us know what you decide.