• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Did YOU wake up E-A-R-L-Y to shop this morning?

Rate this topic

Was anyone else besides me crazy enough to line up in front of the stores before they opened this morning to get those early bird sales?

Myself and a few buddies headed over to Best Buy at about 2 AM (didn't go to sleep), thinking we'd be the first ones in line....definitely not! At 2 AM there were still about 40 people in front of us!!! God only knows what time the first people in line were there. They did have a tent pitched on the sidewalk, so who knows.... :wink:

The store opened at 6, and by 5 AM there were probably around 500 people wrapped around the entire shopping center....It got pretty hairy at times: There were some heated yelling matches, a lot of line cutting attemptees, and a heck of lot of anxious shoppers. There were even people standing right across from the door (not in line) standing by the first parking spaces, waiting for the doors to open so they could rush the line. So what did Best Buy do to prevent this? They lined up the workers on the curb at about 5 feet intervals, facing those people, ensuring that they wouldn't rush the line.

By 7:30 AM, I had gotten all that I had wanted and was back home sleeping, though I'm still exhausted and it's been a looooooong day!

I went shopping at 2:00 p.m. I found a parking space super fast. The stores were not that full at all except for the Disney store. You couldn't walk in there. I'll go back tomorrow. Then I went to Toys R' us at 7:00 p.m. and was not crowded at all.

Yes I did wake up early , but not to shop. I had to work. Reatail is the pits this time of year. We opened at 6 am and of course my manager did not put enough of us on to hold off the crowds. It got pretty hairy at times.Glad thats over.