• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us,

Rate this topic

I haven't been doing my walking since I came down with this cold and laryngitis a few days ago. Of course, I did n't cut down on my calories either and had a few extras before the cold. Well, all in all, my immediate goal is to take off the 7 pounds I recently gained and then take it from there.

I'm just going to start walking after this cold is gone and try to cut down on some calories each day and eat some extra fruits and veggies.

Ayone else game? Maybe we can enourage and motivate each other with our successes. Maybe we can check in and let each other know what we're doing in terms of exercise and eating.Right now I'm feeling kinda grumpy with this cold and extra pounds so tomorrow , even if I'm not up to exercise yet, I will start loading up on water and fruits and veggies. Any other ideas? alt text

I just had to go low-carb for medical reasons, and the cravings are incredible. Hopefully, they'll start to subside within the next few days. In the meantime, I am terribly grumpy.

My nutritionist told me that hot drinks sometimes help the hunger pangs go away. This cup of decaf tea is doing just that, but it's missing something -- like a biscuit. :grin:

We'll get through this... I hope you are feeling better soon.

Cheryl...

I know that when I get back, I will need to get back on a diet. I'm going to try not to gain anything, but you know how that sometimes can go on a cruise. I did manage to lose 15 pounds in the last 22 weeks, but as soon as I went off the diet, I gained back 3 pounds.

I'm not going to diet on the cruise, but I'm going to try to eat smaller portions, and do a lot of walking, if my feet let me do that(having trouble again with my foot). Your plan of walking and cutting down on some calories and adding more fruit and veggies sounds really good. Good Luck!

Hope you get well real soon. Take care of that cold and laryngitis!

Cheryl,

Hope you feel better soon. I did start a healthy eating program about 3 weeks ago. I bought a steamer and we have been doing chicken and fish in that with veggies. (yuk) I am not a veghgie eater. Not to bad. I still get cravings but as Lisa63 has said hopt drinks do wonders. We have just about every flavor of herbal tea out there.. I only lost about 5 pounds but the inches are coming off which is good. We have also taken the ski machine out of hibernatin. Good luck to you and feel better.

Shari that is great 15 pounds. It sounds like you have the same problem I have.... soon as you stop the diet it starts coming back. Well good luck to you.

Lisa63..........hang in there the hot drinks do help. We tried a low carb diet but I could not do it. Good Luck.and keep up the good work.

Lisa, Shari and April,

Thanks so much for your get well messages. I don't get sick very often, but when I do, watch out.

Lisa, at the rate I'm drinking hot fluids today and the last few days for this cold, I shouldn't have hunger pangs for a year. :wink: But, the fluids do make you feel full so that if you only eat when hungry, I could see where that works. My problem is I eat because I just like the taste of food. I really need to start doing my needlepoint again cause you can't eat and needlepoint at the same time. I do hope your cravings subside and don't worry about the grumps. I'm sure everyone understands.

Shari, I think you've got it. Just maintaining on your cruise would be great. Congratulations on your 12 pound loss. Don't worry that you gained back 3 of the 15 because you're still way ahead with the 12 you lost. Great job!

April, Congratulations on losing the 5 and those inches. Between steaming the fish and chicken and veggies and getting on that ski machine, it sounds like you're really determined and you got off to a great start.

Keep up the good work and let's support and encourage each other. In fact, after reading your posts, I am going to ride the exercise bike a bit .

Lisa and April...I know how you feel. I can only stay on a low-carb for so long. I really crave the carbs. Congrats on your weight losses and inches!

Cheryl...the exercise bike sounds like a good idea! I'm going to check out the gym this time on the cruise. I just might try the stationary bike myself! Well...I have good intentions, anyway! There just might be a pina colada or mai-tai with my name on it! :grin: We'll see!

Hope you're feeling better, Cheryl!