• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
DaCruzNut

They're back.........

Rate this topic

Tourism is vital to the economy of Florida, and we love (most) of our visitors. Thanks to tourists, we don’t have a State income tax. Also, all of the attractions built to attract our guests are available to us, as residents. The beaches, theme parks, gardens, and everything else, make this a fantastic place to be…..

WE LOVE OUR TOURISTS, VISITORS, “SNOWBIRDSâ€Â* & “SNOWFLAKES!!!!!!**

Each year, we welcome millions of visitors to The Sunshine State, and are glad to have them.

However, of all of the guests, there is one group that is not, particularly, welcome. I won’t identify them, specifically, since it would not be polite. However, I do need “to vent!â€Â

Every year they come here, in droves! Literally, thousands of them. They take over most of the area in, and around, Hollywod, Flrida, and, they come for extended stays; usually in excess of a month. Some even come for the entire “season!†Hordes of locusts, destroying everything in their path. Discourteous, nasty visitors, with an “attitude.†They clog our roads, with their lousy driving, and fill our beaches, and malls, with their extremely rude manner. Their disdain for English causes them to fill the air with their own language.

When in a situation where they must overlook their contempt for our native language, and have to “stoop†to using English, they can often be heard talking about what a terrible place the United States is, and how they dislike Americans….

My question is, if our state, and country are so lousy, and theirs is so terrific, why do they choose to come here for months on end?

Why don’t they all just go home?

alt text

*“Snowbird:†A person who owns property in Florida, and spends several months here during the Winter Season.

alt text

**â€ÂSnowflake:†A person who visits, for “The Season,†and stays at a rental property or hotel/motel.

It's an insult to locusts to refer to Quebecers as one LOL.

Bush is in Canada today and tomorrow. I wonder if they told him he is dining in Quebec tonight LOL.

Oh yes that time of the year is here again! The only other thing that's worse is visiting relatives that think you have nothing else to do but take them to Disney! We still have homes, jobs and kids whether your here or not.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent Jeff........

alt text

I didn't think I had been so "obvious," and didn't want the "group" identified. After all, we get a lot of foreign tourists; German, French and Brazilian and other South American, etc;

I certainly did not want to cast any cloud over Canadians, per se, and the millions of our friends and neighbors across the border. I have a very good friend, for over 50 years, who is from Toronto, and many of my neighbors, here in my development, are "Snowbirds," from Ontario, whom I welcome back with happiness...

It's OK, Jeff. Most Quebecers don't call themselves Canadian anyway (at least, until such time as the Canadian government has $$ to hand out), so must of us outside that province wouldn't feel lumped in.

And despite the clips on Fox News, and CNN, most Canadians are either happy to have Bush here for his first official visit (even though he's been in the country twice now as President), or at least indifferent. It's funny watching the Canadian coverage of the protests, and see that it's a couple hundred people, then flip over to the US station, and they make it look like Bush is under siege LOL.

President Bush made a remark about how pleased he was with the welcome he received, and even the Canadians waving at him with "five fingers (his quote)."

As far as the protesters go, my sympathies lie with them, and I am sure that, percentage wise, he is met here, in the U.S., by just as many.....