New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa63

It's been a tough week

Rate this topic

We've all had them -- weeks that go from bad to worse. I guess this was my turn.

Early in the week, my son spiked a fever of 103. He was fine less than two days later, but this was two nights without sleep for me.

On Wednesday, our cat went to the vet for her annual check-up. He found an intestinal tumor, something he said was pretty common for cats of her advanced age (16 years). To everyone's surprise, our kitty woke up extremely exhausted two days later, fell back to sleep, and by 11 pm was no longer with us. :cry:

The worst news --- my mother-in-law had surgery on Thursday to remove an ovarian tumor, and the doctors found a second tumor as well, this one in her intestine. (Really freaky after hearing about the cat the day before.) They were able to remove both growths, and we are now awaiting the pathology reports. She's in excellent spirits, and has a very strong will to fight this, and I know she'll do it. It's just stressful on everyone right now.

So, that's my life in a nutshell. Hope you all are having much a much better week than I am.

Lisa-

I'm glad that your son is better and my hopes, and prayers, that your mom will make a 100% recovery.

So sorry about the kitty! I know what it feels like to lose your "best friend," and my heart goes out to you.

Jeff

I've lost 4 furry friends (kitty cats) in my lifetime and each loss is extremely painful; I understand your pain.

I'm sorry for everything else you are going through. It's amazing how strong we can be though. From August 13th to September 24th, I dealt with three hurricanes going right over top of us and worst of all, the death of my father. There were times where I felt like I was just going to give up. But things do get better.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.

Dawn

Lisa - thoughts and prayers heading out your way. This truly has been the week from he-doublehockeysticks!!! I'm sorry about your cat (can't imagine having to go through this with my dog), glad that your son is doing better, and good for you MIL! She will need all that spunk to get through the next few months.

lisa - so sorry to hear about your tough times - it never rains but it pours. My prayers and good wishes go out to your m.i.l. As for the loss of your kitty - i can really sympathize with that one - all part of loving and losing but it is so hard. The best cure for that one would be a trip to your local spca or pound - someone out there needs you as much as you need them. Keep your chin up - ttfn jennifer

Thank you all.

Losing the cat was tough, but I'm glad she went peacefully. This is the second cat we've lost in two years -- the first one died at age 17, and this one left us at 16. So they had full, happy lives.

We plan on adopting a pair of cats but will wait until we return from our cruise in February. It's going to be strange being "cat-less" until then, but it will be best for our future furbabies.

Thank you for the good wishes for MIL. I will keep you posted. You are all great, and I appreciate your support from across the miles. :smiley:

Dear Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through such difficult times. I'm glad to hear that your son recovered nicely but so sorry about the loss of your kitty.

Your mother in law is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all turns out well for her and all of you. Hang in there, Lisa, and just know that we are all here for you. Hugs,Cheryl :kiss:

Lisa...I'm so sorry that you have been going through such a tough week. I'm glad that your son is better. I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. I know how I would feel if it was one of my kitty cats. They are part of the family. I hope your mother-in-law will be o.k. My prayers are with her for a complete recovery. God Bless! Hugs!