• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First Cruise, I can't wait!

Rate this topic

lauraf

Hi Laura,

We have travelled quite a bit in RCI, it's our favourite cruise line. We have sailed the Voyager class ships like Mariner and you are really in for a great cruise.

I think that all the advice already given is very good.

The rockwall, ice skating, roller blading and miniature golf are all included. For the ice skating show you may have to get tickets, it seems to vary from ship to ship, but they have several shows and don't miss it, it is very enjoyable. Regular ice skating is just sign up and skate. They supply the skates, so it's no hassle. Just make sure you show up in long pants, no shorts allowed.

For the rockwall, just sign up on the deck near the wall.

We did the Tulum trip some time ago. It's very interesting, but quite warm. They drop you off at the downtown terminal. If you're concerned about missing the boat you can go to the International Terminal and do all your shopping there. They also have a Fat Tuesdays where you can watch all the other passengers making fools of themselves.

It's a great itinerary and ship to be making your first cruise on.

hazelson & jason,

Thank you for the warm welcome. From what I'm reading it seems like cruising is almost an addiction.

I've heard and seen the commercials about how you feel like a king or queen. It's hard to imagine but from what I'm reading here it seems to be true.

I can't wait!!!!!!!

So I was wondering, everyone who cruises alot do you mix it up or do you go to the same ports?

jbond

Thank you for all the information and advice. I would have never thought of taking long pants to ice skate in, makes sense.

What's the difference from the downtown terminal and the international terminal?

And what exactly is a terminal?

Thank you again for all you help :grin: