New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Naughty childrens' presents auctioned on ebay

Rate this topic

Very interesting story...a man sick of his childrens' lack of decent behavior decided to auction off their presents on ebay! What do you think of this? Would you have the heart to actually follow through like this man did??

Being an "old school" parent, I have to agree with this Houston Dad. I can just imagine the frustration which brought him to this action.

When my kids were little, and acted up just before the holidays, we used the same type of tactics. The eight gifts, one for each night of Chanukah, could dwindle down, depending on the child's actions. There were two warnings, and then "night one" would be lost, forever. Usually, the 'threat' was sufficient. But, occasionally, a gift was actually lost...

Anyway, someone has to keep things in line, ever since Santa sold his list of all the naughty little boys to an anonymous buyer for ten-million bucks!

alt text

WTG, Dad! I read in another article that the kids' misbehavior was pretty serious -- plus the oldest son actually dared his dad to put the toys on eBay after Dad threatened to do so.

I hope the $ will be donated to a charity that buys toys for deserving kids. :smiley:

Hopefully, those kids have learned a good lesson and , in the future, will make better choices. At the very least, I think they will take their Dad very seriously in the future. I have to give him a lot of credit for doing what he did.