• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Quad cabin

Rate this topic

elle

I am looking for any pics of a quad cabin so to know just how tight its going to be. Am especially interested in knowing storage/closet space since its myself/hubby & 2 kids and for a 7 night cruise Im worried more about underpacking because of limited space. Also what about the laundry service?? I hear of people sending for dry cleaning but what about just a basic load of laundry?? expensive?? Thanks!!

Sorry that I can't help with a photo, but, maybe, I can offer some info....

You didn't mention which ship, which makes a big difference! A quad cabin is the same size as the standard cabin, on any ship.

Carnival cabins run about 185 square feet. On the other hand, Royal Caribbean's standard cabins are 'tiny,' and average about 120 square feet.

If things get tight, you can keep items in the suitcases, under the bed. Acts like an extra dresser.

We have done it numerous times on various lines with our two kids. It isn't bad. We are seldom all in the cabin at the same time anyway. Getting ready for dinner, with one bathroom in a quad cabin does get a little tight. And I agree, just using a suitcase as a dresser by keeping it packed (the kid's bags) and storing it under the bed helps. We have done it with the two lower twins made up as a queen, and with two twins and two uppers.

son will be turning 18 and daughter 7.... already purchased tickets and TA says she put in for an upgrade altho will probably be alot of $$. We thought about the 2 cabin thing but....really dont think it would work for us. bathroom time/space doesnt bother us..its more worrying about where the luggage is going to go. im thinking if we did 2 hard suitcases and 2 large duffle bags then the duffles can fit in the hard ones to fit under the bed...

Just try to schedule showers prior to dinner. In our case the men went first and dressed in their pants and shirt. They then vacated the cabin and the ladies get ready. The men return and pick up their jackets, etc and we're all ready for an evening out. It can be done without much difficulty if you plan.

We did 4 in a cabin for many years and we managed. Here's a few things that helped us.

An over the door shoeholder will really help keep all the stuff off the dressers and the bathroom counter. Get a clear one so you can see what's in it easily.

Also bring a bag for a hamper to control dirty clothes. At the beginning or the end of the day you can repack it into a suitcase.

Also put out only 1/2 of your clothes. Then put all the clean stuff into one suitcase under the bed so that it's easily reachable.

Hope these tips help.

We've done quads many times...really saves on $$ for some cruises, although we've done some where two rooms was cheaper than a quad.

As previously stated, the quad room is the same size as regular, only you have two foldout beds they store away during the day and fix up at night. We've had 4 women sharing one room, but have not had too much of a problem with putting everything in. Of course, the only quad we've done has been on carnival. Celebrity seemed to have enough drawer/closet space too.

One thing that really helped was getting one one those shoe organizers to hang on the bathroom door. We were able to save drawer space by putting all the "odds and ends" into the organizer. We also stored souvenirs we purchased in the suitcases and made sure we didn't duplicate things (like each of us bringing shampoo/conditioner/soap/toothpaste.)