• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

walkie/talkies/cells

Rate this topic

elle

I had thought I had heard some cruise lines have these for rent to use while on the cruise. If not which ones work or do they not work at all? Same with cell phones. Doing the Eastern Carribean on RC . Not sure if they will be more of a pain and another thing if carried around and worry about getting lost or stolen.But possibly a good way to keep track of my 18 year old son.????

Ellie,

Over the years we have (and still have) two sets of walkie talkies. They have worked on every ship we have been aboard. Do we really use them?? NO. Since we are a couple we are usually together anyway, so find we just do not other with them. If you leave them on all day on standby, you will eat up batteries very fast.

However, with that said, with an eighteen year old to keep track of, might be a good idea to have a set.

As for cell phones in the Western Carib, forget them. Most work from US ports like St. Thomas and San Juan, but not where you are heading. :wink: