• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Sandra Bullock & Leonardo Dicaprio

Rate this topic

Just saw on the news that Sandra Bullock has donated 1 million dollars to the relief efforts of the tsunami devastated region...and that Leonardo Dicaprio has also donated a "sizable contribution" to the relief organizations. Good for them!

How about all the other millionaire-status celebrities?? Don't you think more of these wealthy people should be helping out??

Definately - it's all relative and they make so much to start with. It is great to see so much outpouring of funds from all over the world. I just hope it all gets into the proper hands. ttfn Jennifer

If everyone in the world each donated a dollar, that would be a lot of money going toward helping those folks. Unfortunately, not everyone in the world can afford to help the people in South East Asia. There are many people in the world that have known the horror of war throughout their lives. The people in Asia affected by the tsunami have the support of the entire world because this event is not political, it is an "act of God". It is a horrid, unbelievable event, and, not to negate the fact of what happened there, but there have been plenty of atrocities and massacres and starvation happening in the world all along that people have chosen to ignore because it is politically based and governments maybe don't want to take sides. It is so convenient for governments to pledge dollars to help the folks in Asia. How good they look by doing that, bit by bit. I don't think for a minute that they won't expect something in return. My heart aches for those people. And my heart also aches for all of the of the people in the places where war is all that they have ever known and that have hate in their hearts. And can't we also help those folks that are dying in huge numbers, like in places in Africa? Why is it that we judge what is worthy of our sympathy and support? Too plotical?

While I'm glad to hear that a number of big movie stars are donating mega-dollars to the effort, I'd much rather hear about the average joe who lives paycheck to paycheck yet somehow manages to scrape together $50 to $100. IMO, it's not the size of the gift that matters, but the meaning behind it.