• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Cruises - Drink Cards??

Rate this topic

Summer

Hi,

My husband and I are considering taking our first cruise (5-night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami). We have travelled extensively throughout the Caribbean, and would like to try something new. The only concern my husband has is the cost of the drinks. I have heard that some Cruise Lines ofter drink cards for pop, does Carnival offer something similar? If so, what is the approximate cost? (per day or per stay?). Do they also offer an alcoholic drink card (wine, beer)? Could you please also let us know what the average price for drinks are (wine, beer, pop, cocktails, specialty drinks). Any information to help my husband agree to a cruise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your help is appreciated.

Summer, Welcome aboard. We're so glad that you found us. alt text

Carnival does have a drink card for sodas for the kids. I think it was about 20 dollars for the week. I'm not aware of any drink cards for adults. I'd be interested to know that myself.

Hope to see you posting and hope to get to know you. Summer, just have your hubby read our posts and he will surely want to cruise. :cool: :cool: :cool:

From the FAQ's on the Carnival website:

What is the Fountain Fun Card?

We will offer to all guests the option to purchase a "Fountain Fun Card" which will allow them unlimited soft drinks for the duration of the cruise at a one time purchase price (including gratuities). The "Fountain Fun Card" can be purchased at any bar on board the ship. In all locations where beverage service is offered, guests may receive a glass of the soft drink of their choice - one glass will be served at a time and only to the guest whose name appears on the card. The card cannot be used through room service.

NOTE: A 15% gratuity will automatically be added on at the time of purchase of the Fountain Fun Card.

Cost for guests under 18 = $4 per day

Cost for guests over 18 = $5.50 per day

Free soft drinks in the dining room for children under the age of 12 is still in effect whether they have purchased a "Fountain Fun Card" or not.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. Is Carnival the only Cruise line to offer the 'pop' cards? I have heard that Royal Caribbean may offer an alcoholic drink card. Please confirm.

Thanks again for all of your help. I think my husband may (slowly) agree to go on a cruise.

Summer

Here is the answer, but you could go to the cruise line, go to site search or FAQ's and get the same information.

From Royal Caribbean Web site:

Drink packages are an economical and convenient way to purchase select drinks at our bars and restaurants. Kids can enjoy unlimited soda or juice and for adults, there's a soda and juice package and a wine and dine package, which includes a bottle of wine each evening at dinner.

Highlights

To purchase a drink package, visit any one of the onboard bars and lounges and the package will be charged to your SeaPass account. After you've purchased a drink package, a sticker will be placed on your SeaPass Card to show which package you've selected. Then all you have to do is show your SeaPass Card as you normally would when ordering a drink.

Where You'll Find It

Drink packages are offered on every ship in our fleet.

Adults' Beverage Programs

Wine and Dine Package: Enjoy one bottle per night at dinner from a select list of red, white, blush and sparkling wines. Package price includes one bottle per night; please ask for specific pricing information onboard.A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to the price of each package.

Adults' Fountain Soda / Juice Package:

This package entitles guests 18 years of age and older to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Main Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee®).

This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Please note that juices are always complimentary at Breakfast.

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda and juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

Kids' Fountain Soda / Juice Package

This package entitles our younger cruisers (guests 17 years of age and younger) to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Main Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee®). This package is available for purchase on the day of to your SeaPass account.

After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on embarkation at all bars and lounges and Adventure Ocean and may be charged your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Please note that juices are always complimentary at Breakfast.

The cost of the package is $4.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.