• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RCI, Princess Or Celebrity for next cruise?

Rate this topic

marcybeth

Hi, I have been on 3 RC cruises(Monarch, Splendour and Explorer) and 2 Princess cruises (Star and Diamond). Our next cruise will be in December to the Caribbean. I'm not really concerned with ports (have been on 3 Caribbean cruises and to me, most of the ports are interchangeable) but would like recommendations which cruise line we should book. We like the Voyager series of RC and am considering the Navigator for next cruise. But Princess was great also - and I'd like to try Celebrity too. Is Celebrity a lot more than RCI/Princess prices? Is it worth the upcharge? We are planning this for December. Any ideas? I think RCI and Princess are pretty comparable with the entertainment on RCI just a bit better - more well known entertainers. The food was very comparable and good in both Princess and Royal Carib. Any ideas, recommendations? We prefer leaving from Florida - preferably Fort Lauderdale.

Marcy

Hi marcybeth!

Welcome to Cruise Crazies! I haven't been on RCCL or Princess, yet, but I have been on Celebrity. I have heard that Celebrity is comparable to Princess and many like Celebrity better. The food and service is great, and the entertainment is very good. The m-class ships are beautiful and they never seem crowded.

The prices have been comparable, but I think Celebrity has just raised prices on some of their cruises. That's easy to check on by comparing the cruises that you have in mind. Celebrity is a little more laid back than some lines, but I always find enough to do. I have a review posted in the review section on the Infinity if you are interested. I'm not sure what ships are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale right now, but the Celebrity website should have all that information.

Good luck on whichever one you choose!