• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

New Game: How C-O-L-D is it?

Rate this topic

I thought this game would get kinda fun.

Do you think you've got the coldest weather of all CruiseCrazies members? Let us know how cold it is where you live, and we'll try to find someone to beat you!

I'll start off, but I can tell you right now that it's not cold at all here in Orlando, Florida. Tonight it's a whopping 65 degrees, with afternoon temperatures in the 80's. I bet some of you wouldn't mind this weather right about now....

Not gonna beat Maine LOL. Right now it's 0C/32F, and supposed to be up at 12C/55F by Thursday. Not bad for Canada in January LOL

alt text

Not too bad, here in South Florida…..

alt textalt textalt text

**MIAMI-FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA**

Its amazing what effect temperature has on things...

60 Californians put on sweaters (if they can find one in their wardrobe).

50 Miami residents turn on the heat.

40 You can see your breath. Californians shiver uncontrollably. Minnesotans go swimming.

35 Italian cars don't start.

32 Water freezes.

30 You plan your vacation to Australia. Minnesotans put on T-shirts. Politicians begin to worry about the homeless. British cars don't start.

25 Boston water freezes. Californians weep pitiably. Minnesotans eat ice cream. Canadians go swimming.

20 You can hear your breath. Politicians begin to talk about the homeless. New York City water freezes. Miami residents plan vacation further south.

15 French cars don't start. You plan a vacation in Mexico. Cat insists on sleeping in your bed with you.

10 Too cold to ski. You need jumper cables to get the car going.

5 You plan your vacation in Houston. American cars don't start.

0 Alaskans put on T-shirts. Too cold to skate.

-10 German cars don't start. Eyes freeze shut when you blink.

-15 You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo. Arkansans stick tongue on metal objects. Miami residents cease to exist.

-20 Cat insists on sleeping in your pajamas with you. Politicians actually do something about the homeless. Minnesotans shovel snow off roof. Japanese cars don't start.

-25 Too cold to think. You need jumper cables to get the driver going.

-30 You plan a two week hot bath. The Mighty Monongahela freezes. Swedish cars don't start.

-40 Californians disappear Minnesotans button top button Canadians put on sweaters

Your car helps you plan your trip south.

-50 Congressional hot air freeze Alaskans close the bathroom window.

-80 Hell freezes over Polar bears move south.

-90 Lawyers put their hands in their own pockets.

I think by Friday, I'll have you all beat! We are supposed to have a high of -4 degrees below zero, and a low of around - 17 below zero, and it's supposed to get colder. That's without the wind chill. :shocked:

Yikes!!! Bring out the long underwear!!! :grin:

It's not too cold here - we just have idiot drivers that can't handle 2 inches of snow - the freeway looks like a demolition derby. They even closed the schools - 2 inches - no kidding. That's beautiful B. C. for you lol. ttfn Jennifer

Here in central Minnesota it's -6 F. Wind out of the north-northwest at 21 mph that puts the wind chill at about -30 F. Expected to get down to -20 to -25 F tonight with wind chill close to -50 F.

live2ski...

Nice to talk to a fellow Minnesotan. Our temperature is pretty much the same here in the Twin Cities. Right now, in the Northern suburbs of Minneapolis, it's -8 below zero, and wind chill of -28 below zero. Yikes! :shocked: And I went and threw out my snowmobile suit! :grin:

Wishing I were back in Hawaii! lol