• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Stopping in Key West

Rate this topic

c21jim

Key West is one of my favorite cities, and I drive down, with friends, several times a year.

Since this is your first visit, I would suggest that you take the Olde Town Trolley Tour. It's operated by the same people that run the Conch Train Tour, and both cost $22.00 p.p.

alt text

The major difference between the two is that you can get off, and back on, the trolley at various stops along the way. The Conch Train just does a tour with no stops.

Once back in town, you can browse Duval Street, but it has been devastated by all of us cruise passengers... Take a walk on some of the back streets, such as Washington, for a peek at the way it used to be.

Jimmy Buffet's Marguaritaville has some of the best Conch Fritters I have ever had, and I'm a "Fritter-Freak."

Key West was one of our favourite ports of call (along with Aruba and St Thomas). We would definitely like to return there for a longer period of time, and hopefully without my wife having pneumonia. We did the conch train tour, and then walked around a bit. There's a hotel (was a Holiday Inn, not sure what it is now) that has a roof top lookout.