• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hey Boatride Lover....

Rate this topic

gogetter

Good morning, gogetter! A beautiful rainy morning here today, huh?

Ahhhhhhh, the St. Pete/Treasure Island area - we simply love it!!! Yes, it is Robby's Pancake House that we love. The breakfast is fantastic!! We also liked to go there for dinner; they had THE best bacon-wrapped scallops in Hollandaise sauce! Unfortunately, they now close around 2pm or so, and they no longer have those types of things on their menu. Oh well...the breakfast is still great!

We always stay at this great hotel in Treasure Island called the Island Inn!!! If you're looking for a fancy, upscale resort, this place is NOT for you! But if you are looking for great accomodations, gulffront, CLEAN, extremely friendly and accomodating staff, this is it! If you go to www.tripadvisor.com and type in Treasure Island, Florida, you can read all about the Island Inn, see pictures, and read many reviews that people have submitted. It is rated the third best hotel out of the 21 hotels on Treasure Island!!

Also, if you go to http://www.suncoastaccommodations.com/islandinn/index.html and click on Virtual Tours, you can look at their rooms, and the tiki bar/pool/beach area. If you like to cook out, they also have grills lined up just on the other side of the seawall for you to use, and they have volleyball nets, too. It's just a great place to spend some relaxing time at the beach!!

Hope this has helped!

Hey gogetter,

May I recommend the Frog Pond for brunch. It's located at 16909 Gulf Blvd., North Redington Beach, FL 33708 Tel: 392-4117 (I'm sorry, I don't have the area code)

North Redington Beach is north of St. Petersburg Beach.

The Frog Pond makes excellent frittattas, large enough for two.

Also check out downtown St. Petersburg. The city is really building it up. There is a moderately sized mall with a cinema and a Danny Marino's Restaurant.

I mustn't forget the Dali Museum if you are into visual arts.

I love St. Petersburg. I hope you will too.

Hello,

Thank you BRL...hope you don't mind me abbreviating. may be looking for a short getaway........

Mebert....thanks to you .......i do love the St Pete area. My grandmother owned a hotel on the beach many years ago. Too bad she didn't sell it to me...lol...but our family has gone on reunions there for many years. I used to visit my Grandmother when she lived inland, the 22nd ave area.....near the Tyrone Square Mall.

Anyways..again thanks to both of you for the info.......what a board we have here..huh??????????????????????? :grin: