• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

6AM flight on Cruise Day?!?!?

Rate this topic

krisp

How would you feel IF your flight was delayed and you didn't get on the ship???? At least this way if there are mechanical problems you could get rebooked and still make it, if you had a later flight and there were problems you would be SOL and the ship DOES not wait for anyone. I just came back from 11-night caribbean and left from Maine in a blizzard, we originally were booked for a 5:50AM flight on Sunday morning(ship leaving Monday at 5:00PM) We were rebooked 4 TIMES! and finally had to drive to Manchester NH at 3:30AM to catch a flight from there. We made it, but many people did not, some picked up the cruise two days later in Puerto Rico, others just gave up. The ship never even considered leaving later. I talked to people who were supposed to leave Boston and had to take a train to Washington DC and then a tram to airport and finally made it, but just barely. And if you don't have travel insurance you really are SOL! Many people had the same horror stories. My understanding was that Philiadelphia airport was also experiencing problems. Just because YOUR weather is okay doesn't mean you will fly. If the weather is bad elsewhere the planes can't get to your airport to pick you up. If a 6:00AM flight is your only problem, be thankful. :rolleyes:

You're safer with the earlier flight. I live 30 minutes from the Port of Miami and I get super nervous about not making it on time because of any delay on the expressway. I always leave my house at 10:30 a.m. and arrive at 11:00 to the port. On my last cruise I worked in the morning and left work at 11:30. I was having a fit because I had to return home to get my camera, but I arrived to port at 12:30.