• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
hazelson

I want to drive!!!

Rate this topic

This arm thing is getting a little boring now - I want to drive the new car. We bought a brand new Chrysler Pacifica two days before I fell off the ladder. That's almost two months ago and I haven't driven it yet. The physiotherapist says maybe someday - and my dh seems to like the idea of me not driving - do I sense a conspiracy here lol. It looks like I may now have either a frozen shoulder or a torn muscle as well as the breaks but I am doing my excercises! Guess there's no point in driving anyway if I can't give those precious "hand signals" to those lousy drivers I may meet up with lol. Thanks for letting me vent fellow Crazies! ttfn Jennifer

Too bad you don't live in Saskatchewan, you could just get in the car and drive in a straight line. Easier on the shoulder. if you can't manage the "hand signals" (and that is just so rude of you :)) maybe you could draw the signals on sheets of paper and just hold them up to express your discontent.

You should live here, in South Florida! A little thing like a broken arm, and frozen shoulder, would never stop you from driving.....

alt text

One day, I overheard a group of senior citizens, exchanging notes about their ailments:

“I have trouble remembering everything. Half the time I don’t know where I am, or what I’m doing.â€Â

"I’m so weak I can hardly hold this coffee cup."

"Yes, I know. My cataracts are so bad I can't see more than three feet away.."

"My arthritis is so bad that I can hardly move a muscle."

"My blood pressure pills make my so dizzy that I feel faint."

"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old."

"Look, let’s not complain. We should all be thankful that we can still drive!"

Jen...congratulations on the new car! I hope your shoulder and arm heals soon. I know it must be frustrating for you besides being painful. Get well soon so you can show them what good drivers we women are!! lol

Tamara - when I look at the idiot driver's here in B.C. when we get two inches of snow - I don't think we could survive the winters on the prairies - straight roads or not lol.

Da CruzNut - my Mom lives in a seniors building and that is just the way they talk. They can't understand why they have to take a driving test at 80 - they've been driving for years - they know what they are doing! NOT!!

Shari2 -- My sentiments exactly. Get me to the mall - NOW!!!!

Actually some good news - the PT tried a muscle stim unit and I've gone from a 35 degree movement to 85 in two days. I'm on my way - wooohooo!

Thanks for the support. ttfn Jennifer