• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Destiny - Cabin Question

Rate this topic

Kellyccz

Hi everyone. I am sooooo excited. I was on the Miracle just a couple months ago and today, after getting TONS of quotes, I got a tremendous deal from an agent that I had to take. So, as of a few minutes ago, I am officially booked on the Destiny December 4, 2005. This will be my 5th cruise, but my boyfriend's first - he wants to know what all the fuss was about. And we had to have a balcony because he has heard me go on and on about how much I loved my balconies that I've had. So, this time, rather than doing a guarantee cabin, with the deal we got, I took an Aft Balcony on the Verandah deck - Cabin 8337. I'm so excited, and just wanted to share. Has anyone had an aft balcony on the Verandah Deck of the Destiny? I am wondering about the Lido Deck and a pool being right above us.

Also, has anyone used Priceline for their pre or post cruise stay in San Juan - we are going down a day early and staying a day after.

I'm trying to decide what area we should stay in - I'm leaning towards Old San Juan, as I really like that area, plus the ship is right there. Anyone have any opinions about that or other areas?

Kelly congrats you'll love the itinerary for the Destiny. I did , so much in fact that unless I find one better for a better price that's the cruise we'll do in 06. As for the balcony cabin under lido deck someone we met before the cruise that went on the same sailing had a aft balcony on the verandah deck so I could ask her and see if she can tell me about the noise. We were midship 8168 on the verandah deck and I loved it.

As far as hotels we went on Thurs. and we stayed at the hotel Milano. It's a hotel in OSJ area and we actually walked to the ship sunday morning from it. The website is http://www.hotelmilanopr.com/ now keep in mind this is a small hotel but the rooftop bar/rest was great. It has comp cont. breakfast and free wireless internet access for hotel guest. No pool but there are shops right there on the street and the forts are not far. So I recommend it if you want to stay in that area and can't get the other hotel.

If you have more questions just ask away makes me feel good to be of some help after all the help I got here and also takes me back to warm breezes, and the sound of waves.

Gina

I'd say it's about 4 or 5 blocks but it's downhill. I had a huge suitcase, and a smaller one then my daughter had a mid sized case with a rolling backpack. We did fine getting there. I promise to post my review by sunday evening and I'll be sure to include all. It's not a bad walk my parents did it with 2 bags each also and they had no trouble.

gina