• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TVs on Cruise Ships?

Rate this topic

elle

Since it has been 7 year since we cruised Im sure technology has improved on the ships. I am curious tho as if the televisions have front or back port holes for hooking up equipment? As in a laptop to be used as a dvd player. Still trying to decide if to bring it or not as we wont be using it to get on-line but rather for entertainment for the kids. Trying to weigh the pros and cons of carrying it thru and dealing with the airports and such. I know if I take it I will say " I should have left it at home" I dont take it I will say " I knew I should have brought it" LOL ....

I'm sure the TV's have the ports on the back (try to find a new TV that doesn't these days LOL), it's just a matter of if they are accesible. Many times, the TV's are mounted in such a way that you can't get at the back. If you take it, worse comes to worse, the kids could always watch the DVD on the computer screen, right? LOL

The only thing that I have hooked to the TV has been my digital camera. Hooking up the camera was a breeze. I don't know how to hook a computer to the TV, but there are both audio & video inputs on the TV"s

Howard