• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Drinking age on cruises

Rate this topic

jess009909

How strict are the drinking rules? We sail on the Sea Princess in July this year and after booking, I realised that my son (who will be 2 months off his 21st birthday), will be unable to drink because this is an American liner. My son is horrified :grin: and thinks this is the end of the world! Will he be able to get away with a few pints on board?

Many thanks

Kaz

My impression is that they are not that strict and unless he makes a scene, nobody will question it. He will probably not be able to buy drinks himself because he will have to use his sign and sail card.

Have a great cruise on Sea Princess. We've sailed her twice and spent a lot of time in the Sea View Bar at the back of the ship.

Thanks for info. I notice that this ship confiscates any booze bought ashore, until the end of cruise. We were able to keep duty free and consume on P & O (oriana). Looks like my son is about to have a 2 week detox experience (chuckle)!!! With the lad in mind... is it likely that there will be others around his age group?

Kaz

On all our Princess cruises, we have never found them to be very eager to confiscate booze being brought back on board. If you are discrete, you should have no problem. You can also buy liquor by the bottle through room service to drink in your room.

If your cruise is in the Caribbean, your son should have lots of company his own age.

Where about in the UK are you from?