• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Report from the Diamond Princess

Rate this topic

TheSkipper

Hello to all,

Our last day at sea aboard the beautiful Diamond Princess. This is the most beautiful ship we have ever sailed on, with the possible exception of Silver Wind. in our 44 cruises.

The wood work and general fit and finish are fantastic!!

Overall a great cruise. You will love this ship when you sail on her. The Internet Cafe has 29 computer and a coffee bar! The Fusion Club has dozens of flat screened TV's. All in all, Princess has a real winner here.

We have already booked on the Coral Princess for a trans-canal, Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco in May 2006!

Home tomorrow.

Hi All,

Well, we are home again, safe and sound. Getting off the ship was a bit of a chore. Immigration is really slowing down the process at San Pedro. Last of the 2800 passengers did not clear the ship until around Noon!

Dead tired, so bed beckons. Will think about the review after the Super Bowl.

:wink:

Welcome home, Skipper! Sorry to hear about the delayed disembarkation. Looking forward to hearing your comments once you've had a chance to return to reality.

Dan, I'll be onboard Diamond Princess in two weeks, and I'll be happy to get a couple of photos of the area you described.

Actually, I googled the ship, and found a ton of pics. Turns out that if you didn't know there were cabins to the sides of that pool, you wouldn't know they are there. The steel wall around the side of the pool area goes right to the stern, so the side of the balcony is solid, and our balcony is inside the superstructre, where the balconies below stick out from the back of the ship.

Our TA kept saying "Are you sure you want to be back there? It could be bumpy" Yeah yeah, it could be bumpy anywhere LOL. The front of a ship moves more than the back anyway LOL. We figure it's private, no hallway noise, close to the buffet, and we can just go outside to watch the wake instead of going up to the top deck like we usually do.

In this picture, there are 2 balconies at the top left of the ship, and ours is the one on the right of those.

alt text

Dan,

Sounds like you have your answer. I have not begun to go through the pics. Roe was in charge of still pics and I was shooting video. Actually I was just giving our new digital video camera a trial run prior to our European River Cruise in July. Still have a lot to learn about it.

BTW, this was probably the most stable ship we have sailed on. Felt no motion in our stateroom; however we were midships. The only thing I noticed in the aft section was that if you put your hand on a rail you could feel a very slight vibrabion from the engines..

I think you are gonna love the Sapphire.

:wink: