• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Legend of the Seas

Rate this topic

depwife

We are looking at a 7-night cruise on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas sailing out of Tampa to the Western Caribbean. Most everything I've read about this ship so far has been about it's Mediterranean or Mexican itinerary. Anyone know anything about this ship with this Western Caribbean itineray? Any information you can provide on the ship, the itinerary, the kids program, etc would be VERY appreciated! We are not first time cruisers, but many of the other folks in our group are (we are planning a large family cruise-10+ people). We have sailed on Carnival Imagination and just came back from a Disney Wonder cruise (which was awesome).

Thanks to all of you for your feedback!

Alyson

Hi Alyson,

The Legend of the Seas comes back across the Atlantic in October and starts her 7 day itineraries from the 5th Nov'05 from Tampa just doing the Western Caribbean.

She sails on the Sat, followed by a day at sea on Sun, Mon is at Gearge Town- Grand Cayman, Tue is Costa Maya - Mexico, Wed is Belize, Thurs is Cozumel, day at sea on Friday and back into Tampa Saturday morning.

Even though Legend is one of the Vision class ships - being 70,000 tons, Royal Caribbean do still say it has the rock climbing wall and miniature golf course ect and will feature the Ocean youth facilities. If you get chance go to www.rccl.com and this will provide all the info you need about its facilities.

I hope this helps :smiley:

Karen

Thank you Karen! I have read RCL's site about this cruise. I was also searching throughout the internet for feedback on the Legend's Caribbean itinerary, but I guess I now know why I haven't been finding anything.

Has anyone ever sailed on the Legend of the Seas or any other ship in its class? How was your experience? How were the shows, the dining, the youth programs, etc?

Thank you all in advance!

We've been in Mexico twice on Cinco de Mayo, once in Cozumel and the second time in Puerto Vallarta, and the only people celebrating were Americans. It's a holiday in Mexico, but it doesn't seem to get the same attention as here in the States.

We've sailed Legend of the Seas once and her sister ship Splendour twice. I like the Vision class ships. They are a nice size and very well laid out. Their only drawback is they don't have a Concierge Lounge. Hopefully, one will be added to Enchantment during the stretch.