• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

How was your Super Bowl Sunday?

Rate this topic

Headed over to my local watering hole around 5. Laid a few bucks down on the various pools. Watched as New England took the high road in not running in that final interception for a touchdown, which cost me $200, then stuck around for karaoke afterwards. Came home around 230am.

Let me state 2 things first. !. I have been into dogs for 35 years and to me nothing in cuter than a bunch of little puppies playing. 2. I hate football as I feel it is a galditorial sport. This being said, I was almost driven to watching the Super Bowl by Animal Planet. This year I thought I had it made. Animal Planet was going to have the Puppy Bowl! Something for me to watch on Super Bowl Sunday. At the appointed time, I sat down with my bowl of snacks and the remote firmly entrenched in MY hand. I guess with puppies there is just something that you have to BE THERE for. About 10 puppies were let out onto a fake football field filled with toys and water dishes. After an appropriate period of play we has an oopsie on the field. A ref came running out, threw a flag, wiped up the puddle covereing the "Puppy Bowl" logo at the 50 yard line and declared a first down. For 35 minutes (into a 3 hour program) I sat watching puppies. The only real excitement for me as a Golden Retriever owner was to see a Golden puppy digging in the water bowl and getting sodden. About 20 minutes into this we had a multi-puppy accident of the firm kind. The ref came running out, tossed the flag, picked up the "tootise rolls" and declared a 20 yard penalty. After an additional 15 minutes even I was ready to give up. There was no dialog, no play by play, no color comments just puppies that about now were lying around tired out. I didn't turn to the football game, but it was mighty tempeting. Anybody else see the Puppy Bowl and experience what I did?

Hi Jason! Hope you had a good day!

Joyce, that is too funny! Didn't see it, but wished I had! lol

Hubby and I just watched the game at home all alone. I made a pot roast till it fell apart, and then I put BBQ sauce in it, and we had some BBQ on onion buns. Had one of my new creme brulee martinis, too! Yumm!

Congrats to the New England Patriots!

I had a GREAT time!!!! I had pizza, pretzels, popcorn, chips and dip, beer, etc; etc; etc; The only problem was that my Daddy had a whole bunch of people over to watch some sort of stupid football game.... :grin: :grin: :grin: