• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Couldn't do without!

Rate this topic

MissChampagne

I would like to know what are the "must haves" for a cruise. I am a first timer and would like to bring all my comforts of home. How do you narrow it down? Are there things you wouldn't travel without? Or maybe next time, leave them at home? Any tips would help, thanx. :huh:

I bought some of those luggage size Space Bags at Walgreens. They were very handy on our cruise. We used them for packing underwear and socks in the initial packing, then we put our change of clothes in them for shore excursions. All our excursions involved water and we used one backpack for the two of us. Then when it was time to dress, we each took out our pack and headed to our separate changing rooms. They keep towels dry and wet clothes and watershoes from getting everything else wet.

Ziploc bags are handy to have along for smaller stuff and we ordered room service sandwiches before we disembarked and packed them for our lunch. We were glad we did. We just sat on the beach and had our lunch and didn't have to look for a restaurant.

Sewut

I agree with the zip-loc bags, and the space bags are great to pack dirty laundry in to take home. I would be sure to pack my own special brands of toiletries, such as shampoo, hair spray, gel, cosmetics, etc. You may not like the brands they have on the ship. I bring my own curling iron and hair dryer. I know that they will work.

Don't forget comfortable shoes. Shoes that you can be on your feet for the day. If you wear glasses, bring an extra pair if you have one, and bring a glasses repair kit. I also bring a small travel sewing kit and plenty of safety pins. Don't forget the obvious things such as, passport, cruise and air documents, camera and film and extra one dollar bills for tipping baggage handlers, etc.

Don't forget the medicines such as, prescriptions, Pepto Bismol or Immodium, Tylenol, Advil or aspirin, bandages, etc.

I found out that I don't have to bring the kitchen sink; you can get most things on the ship or in port, but you have to pay much more, and it may not be the brand you like. I do try to bring smaller portions of everything. I put everything that I can in small plastic bottles and zip lock bags. I try to mix and match the clothes as best as I can to avoid bringing too much.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!