• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

new to cruises

Rate this topic

funtocruise

Welcome, funtocruise. We were in Alaska toward the end of June last year. It was our best cruise yet (out of 5). We were on the Island Princess, and would highly recommend it to anyone. Of course, if you read the reviews of almost any cruiser who went to Alaska, you won't find very many who didn't love the ship they were on. Alaska tends to be a little older crowd than Caribbean cruises. There is much more sight-seeing and much less partying. We did a seven day cruise and a six day land tour, which I would highly reccomend. It does get pricey, but we figured that we may not ever get back there again. We went through our usual travel agent, and felt that we did pretty well.

Howard

Hi funtocruise,

Welcome aboard and welcome to the fun family of cruisers. I've found cruisers, especially on this board, to be really nice people.

One way to check out the best prices is to go to a site called cruisecompete.com. Travel agents and consolidators from a number of different sites will compete for your business. Then check out the other sites like Orbitz and Travelocity and compare.

Nothing beats a great travel agent you can trust and depend on to take care of specific needs other than booking. In making comparisons, I always end up going back to my travel agent, even if he charges a few dollars more.

Some of the other CruiseCrazies members may have some other good ideas.