• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Trying to get on Fascination tomorrow

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

We always heard stories that when you live here in South Florida you can take advantage of last minute deals. But we've always booked in advance so that we could look forward to it. However, we just decided that this would be a perfect weekend for us to sail the Fascination for 3 days. I guess everyone else feels the same cause we're not having much luck. We've been calling all over for the last 2 nights . Of course, the fact that it's a holiday weekend doesn't help much . Anyway, if anyone has any advice for getting on the last minute, let me know. If you don't see me posting the rest of the weekend, you know where I'll be.I'm not giving up until tomorrow morning, a couple of hours before boarding time. Wish me luck, I'll need it. :grin: :grin: :grin:

OK, Cheryl, here's what you do.....

Call carnival and ask them if President Bush showed up, would they have room for him?

alt text

Naturally, they'll say, "Of course!"

Then, say to them, "Well, I know for a fact that he won't be coming, so let me have his cabin!" :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks, Jeff, Shari and Keith and Rita. Here we are, in South Florida and not on the

Fascination as we had hoped. :cry: Oh well, we did learn some interesting things. According to the agents from Carnival, they no longer reduce the prices at the last minute like they used to., in fact they raise them 2 days before boarding. Of course, we never were able to take advantage of those last minute deals. Also, we learned that if cabins become avalable at the last minute due to cancellations, they put their employees on before customers since Carnival employees are entitled to 2 free cruises per year. Wow, maybe I should go work for Carnival. In fact, one Carnvial agent told us that Carnival ships have been so packed that the employees are backed up on their freebies. Anyway, we may try now for next weekend. Wish us luck.

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry to hear you didnt get this weekends cruise. I have just checked my cruise system and there do seem to be quite a few 4A to 6A cabins left for the 3 night sailing on the 25th Feb but not much else either side of those grades, so you should get something but might only be an inside or ocean view. Keeping my fingers crossed for you (and anyway you will obviously have better weather next weekend than this so it worked out for the best - yes I am an optimist)

Good Luck

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Also, due to the tougher immigration controls, the final list of passengers must be submitted to immigration 2 days before sailing. No more going to the pier and buying a last minute ticket.