• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Daytona 500

Rate this topic

Who watched it on tv today?? Way to go Jeff Gordon!! Has anyone been to the Daytona 500 before? That must be some excitement to actually be there!!

My DH watched it! He's a big fan of Nascar; too bad he got sleepy and had to take a nap before it was over, though! lol

Congratulations, Jeffie!!!!! :grin:

We are HUGE Nascar fans! It was a great race! My husband likes Dale Jarrett; my son likes Jimmie Johnson, and my #1 man is Mark Martin! We have never been to the Daytona 500, but went to the Twin 125's for 7 years in a row. We stopped going to the 125's because between the three tickets, parking and food, it was a $300.00 day!! But there's nothing like being at the races in person!!

I hated to see Michael Waltrip's engine blow up, as I was rooting for him. He was just a kid when I lived in the same neighborhood with him and his folks in Owensboro, Ky. This was in my first life before Rita. His brother DW and I are the same age, but I never met him. My youngest daughter met DW when he visited his parents. She would go over and collect NASCAR hats, banners, etc., for my late wife's sister and husband, who were huge NASCAR fans. This was in the late 70s when he was just starting with NASCAR.

The only race I've been to was the Brickyard 400 in 1999, won by Dale Jarrett. :cool: