• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RCCL-Is it true?

Rate this topic

siki00

"Chair saving" is a problem on a most of the lines, and is often worst on a "day at sea..."

However, I have noticed that it occurs more often, and is more annoying, on RCCL...

On some lines, such as Celebrity and Princess, the Pool Attendant(s) keeps watch over the area. If several lounges are vacant for more than an hour, or so, they remove the items and free the lounge. However, if you are sitting there, and intend to go to lunch, you can tell the Pool Attendant, and he will leave your belongings (a tip won't hurt...). If you're not too picky about location, you can always almost find a lounge on Carnival, but not always in the sun.

I've noticed that lately RCI has been cracking down on the chair hogs. Of course they can't see all of them but I've sailed on 3 of the Voyager class ships and I've always been able to get a chair in the morning or in the late afternoon. If you get there at noon you won't get your pick. Same on every cruiseline.