• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Welcome home Lisa63

Rate this topic

KeithnRita

Thank you everyone. We had a superb time on Diamond Princess, and I was surprised that I actually loved a new, large ship. There was much to do, the ports were great (Mazatlan, PV, and Cabo San Lucas), and the service was excellent. We also renewed our wedding vows onboard -- a wonderful experience.

I promise to share more in an upcoming review, but please feel free to ask any questions on Diamond Princess or our pre-cruise stay on Queen Mary.

Lisa...Renewing your vows sounds so romantic! Did you have a minister, or does the Captain do this, if I may ask? I know that the captain used to do this, but I didn't think that they did anymore. If this is too personal, please forgive my question, and just don't answer. I will understand.

Hi Shari. The ceremony was conducted by the Captain. It was part of a package we booked through Princess a few months ago. The cermony was lovely -- it was held in the Wedding Chapel and the room was decorated nicely. As part of the package, I had a lovely bouquet, and my husband had a boutennier (sp?). The room was blocked off for just us and our guests. A photographer was there, as well. It was done very nicely and I highly recommend it.

Wow! Lisa! That sounds so wonderful! Congratulations on repeating your vows! I would like to do that someday. This sounds like a wonderful way to do it. Glad everything was so special for you. I will be waiting for your review on the Princess! She sounds like a ship that I would love, from what I've been hearing about her.