• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What do you think about this...

Rate this topic

siki00

Hello...My husband and I have decided to cruise the RCCL Navigator on 4/29/06 (over a year from now). I have been getting quotes from some online sites, as well as from a TA near my home. Today I get a quote (from an online site) and the TA tells me that I better book as soon as possible because space is limited. I asked her why and this was her response:

"We found that for this year a lot of the sailings are sold out months in advance. This will continue in 2006. I assume that the Navigator has large groups for the sailings I checked of April and May 2006. Companies are hosting seminars at sea and other activities."

I'm not sure what to think about this because I haven't heard this from any of the other TA's. Do you think she is just telling me this so I'll book through her? I plan on booking soon anyway, but I don't want to deal with someone who is not be completely honest.

Thanks for any opinions. :smiley:

Hi siki00,

I have heard that since the 9/11 scare for travelers may be a thing of the past that there has been an increase in travelers booking their cruises early. Carnival said that they are 50% booked on most of their cruises.

I have also noticed that some cruise lines are raising their prices for some European cruises as departure dates get closer. But at the same time I notice that there are last minute deals.

I can't be sure as to whether or not her statement is wholly accurate. I've been booked for my cruise since November.

I guess you have to do a little research and check prices for your desired cruise on a few online sites. You might even check cruisecompete.com so that the different cruise travel agents let you know what they are selling the particular cruise for.

I'm glad more and more people are getting turned on to cruising. It is one of the best kept vacationing secrets. I'm also thinking that it will be more difficult to get good fares as cruising becomes more preferable than land vacations.

Good luck.

It sounds like a sales pitch to us. The cruise is over a year away so there should be plenty availability. It's probably just a little white lie, kinda like car salesmen use to get you to sign on the dotted line. They are commission driven so they want that sale. Most fare deposits are fully refundable until final payment is due.

When we went to a Princess info night hosted by our TA a few weeks ago, the Princess rep said that advance bookings have really improved in the last year or 2, and that Princess is already past 90% booked for the next year. It is also possible, probable in fact, that certain cruises over a year away are almost booked solid by seminars and large groups. It could be the one you are looking at might be almost full, while the one the week before has lots of availability.

I have just had a look at our cruise booking system and that sailing has most cabin types still showing available to book including Inside cabins, Promonade Deck cabins, outside and Balcony cabins but it does look like all the Family suites/Cabins are already either sold out or on waitlist, so I would agree with all of the above that people are starting to book early but also sounds a little bit like a sales pitch!! - At least if you put a deposit on it you will have a booked cruise to look forward to!!! :grin: