• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RCI opens new attraction on Labadee

Rate this topic

Jason

ROYAL CARIBBEAN OPENS NEW ATTRACTION ON LABADEE

MIAMI - A new attraction is changing Royal Caribbean's exclusive port of call Labadee from a private paradise to a privateer's paradise. The line has opened a new pirate-themed water playground, sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company, featuring a "sunken" pirate ship and a new mascot, Labadee Luc, who will appear on signage throughout the peninsula. "The new Splash Bash is the perfect addition for guests who want to become pirates of the Caribbean for the day," said Dan Hanrahan, senior vice president, Marketing and Sales, for Royal Caribbean International. "With Labadee's buccaneer past, the Labadee Luc character and the water park's pirate theme will spark imaginations and add to the enjoyment of our private paradise."

Labadee Luc's Splash Bash drips, drizzles and drenches with ground geysers, toppling water buckets, and water archways. Would-be pirates can stage mock battles with four water cannons mounted on the climb-aboard ship and connected wharf, or follow the splash pad's painted-on treasure map trail.

The Splash Bash also features a special play area for kids ages 3 to 5 with a central pipe that sends water into three separate play areas with dams, water wheels and other fun activities designed to keep young children captivated. Admission to the new water playground is $5 per guest for a two-hour period. After getting soaked at the Splash Bash, guests can dry off during hot competition on one of two new volleyball courts or relax in the shade on the spectator bleachers. Plenty of beach chairs also are available for weary buccaneers who want to bask in the sun.

The new Splash Bash and volleyball courts are the latest additions to the abundant activities available at Labadee. The exclusive port of call also offers an Aqua Park with inflatable, floating challenges, including rock-climbing walls, balance logs and trampolines; snorkeling amidst exotic marine life; kayak and WaveRunner® tours; banana boat rides; and parasailing. Located on the mountainous, secluded north coast of Hispaniola, Labadee is a 260-acre wooded peninsula that features five spectacular beaches, nature trails, open-air dining areas, beachside bars, native entertainment and a marketplace complete with fine arts and crafts.

Hubby and I are laughing as this was almost complete when we were there last month. I thought it was just a lil extra playground/play area for the kids. I cant believe they are charging for this. Ive seen bigger and better play areas at your basic community pools at home. Of course I would be one of those suckers and pay the $5.00 since its positioned so that "ALL" children will see it as you approach the beach area. I can see ALL those children now....wow !!!