• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

valuables while on excursions

Rate this topic

jewels64

Steve and I are leaving on our first cruise in one week (YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!) and I have one final question: While we are on our excursions (both have snorkling at some point), do we keep our cash and credit cards with us? Is there some sort of waterproof container we should be looking for so that we can carry valuables with us while snorkling? During both excursions, there are opportunities for shopping, etc., so we didn't want to leave all our money on the ship. Thanks in advance!

Hi jewels...

I don't snorkel or swim, so I can't help you with this one. Maybe someone here will see this if I bump it up. I think there are waterproof items to help you when snorkeling, etc for sale at some of the travel stores.

Hope you have a great cruise! Bon Voyage!!!

My swim trunks have a zippered pocket in them. I just keep my money, credit card and ship's card in my pocket. Everyone takes wet money. :grin:

On the ship, they will probably sell small containers, about the size of a pack of cards. They're waterproof and have a strap that you can use to put them around your neck. They cost about $1.50